Beginning as Mitten Plantation—purchased by Thomas Monck in 1735—Moncks Corner has been a commercial center since before the Revolution.
Old Santee Canal Park is a 195-acre park celebrating the areas history and habitat. Centered around America’s first canal—built in 1793—the park also features the Stony Landing House (1843) and a replica of the Little David, the Confederate Navy’s semisubmersible torpedo boat.
Mepkin Abbey is a community of Roman Catholic Trappist monks established in 1949. Tour the 3,200 acre botanical garden, book a spiritual retreat, or purchase homemade jams, honeys, and fresh shiitake mushrooms at the store.