The Town of Moncks Corner's current available position(s):
Firefighter 2 / EMT
Water and Wastewater Distribution Operator
Category: Police Department
Position hours: Full time position.
Under regular supervision, performs general uniform patrol, investigative, or other police duties as assigned and enforces all state laws and town ordinances. Required to work various shifts including weekends and holidays. Certified applicants must be certified by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy and are required to maintain training and certification requirements. Uncertified applicants with related experience may be considered.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent to satisfactory completion of one year of college education or specialized advanced training in criminal justice
- Must have completed the SC Criminal Justice Academy Training for a certified police officer or for an uncertified officer must complete the SC Criminal Justice Academy Training by the end of the assigned probationary period.
- Valid S.C. driver’s license in good standing, must pass all required tests and must be able to operate standard issue vehicles.
- Personal computer experience preferred.
- Completed degree (s) beneficial to position may be partially considered as work experience
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Must be able to maintain required level of proficiency in the use of firearms.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and polygraph examination.
Police Officer Uncertifed Grade: N-12
Salary Range: $ 29,966 – 41,953
Police Officer Certifed Grade: N-13
Salary Range: $ 31,546 - $ 44,164
How to apply: Employment application can be found on the link above or Applications are available at 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, SC 29461. Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and completed application and three personal references to: Chief Ehrichs B. Ollic, Town of Moncks Corner, 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, S.C. 29461.
The Town of Moncks Corner is an equal opportunity employer.
Position hours: Full time position. 24 hour shift work
- Fire and Rescue
- EMS response
- Routine station duties
- IFSAC Firefighter 2 or Pro Board equivalent,
- SC EMT,
- Valid SC driver’s license
- High School Diploma
Pay Information: $28,387 – $39,743
How to apply: Employment application can be found on the link above or Applications are available at 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Deadline: Position open until filled
- Be able to perform the operation and maintenance for a water and sewer system and operate various equipment, i.e., backhoes, tractors, sewer rodders.
- Make repairs to water and sewer lines and appurtenances, install water and sewer services, read water meters, replace and repair meters operate and maintain fire hydrants, including flushing hydrant semi-annually and assisting in fire flow testing
- Maintain and operate sewer pump stations
- Bushhog right-of-ways, cut grass and perform weed eating.
- Must be willing to be on-call for after hours or weekend work as scheduled. Must be able to work alone or in groups.
- All employees are expected to be cross-trained and full cooperation is expected in performing other duties not outlined..
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Must have or obtain a Class D Water Distribution License. Must have or obtain certification in "Trenching and Excavation", "Confined Space Entry", "Backflow Prevention" and "Asbestos".
- Skill and knowledge in the use of tools, materials and equipment commonly used in the performance of Job Function.
- A minimum of two years experience in water/wastewateroperations is preferred.
Salary based on experience and qualifications.
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com with "Water/Wastewater Distribution Operator" in subject line. You may also mail your resume to Moncks Comer Water Works Attn: Administrator, PO Box 266, Moncks Comer, SC 29461.
Deadline: Until filled
The Moncks Comer Water Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
P.O. BOX 266, MONCKS CORNER, S.C. 29461 • PH: 843-7 l 9-7965 • FAX: 843-719-7979
- Please continue to check our website periodically for updates -