The Town of Moncks Corner's current available position(s):
Firefighter 2 / EMT
Category: Police Department
Position hours: Full time position.
Under regular supervision, performs general uniform patrol, investigative, or other police duties as assigned and enforces all state laws and town ordinances. Required to work various shifts including weekends and holidays. Certified applicants must be certified by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy and are required to maintain training and certification requirements. Uncertified applicants with related experience may be considered.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent to satisfactory completion of one year of college education or specialized advanced training in criminal justice
- Must have completed the SC Criminal Justice Academy Training for a certified police officer or for an uncertified officer must complete the SC Criminal Justice Academy Training by the end of the assigned probationary period.
- Valid S.C. driver’s license in good standing, must pass all required tests and must be able to operate standard issue vehicles.
- Personal computer experience preferred.
- Completed degree (s) beneficial to position may be partially considered as work experience
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Must be able to maintain required level of proficiency in the use of firearms.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and polygraph examination.
Police Officer Uncertifed Grade: N-12
Salary Range: $ 29,966 – 41,953
Police Officer Certifed Grade: N-13
Salary Range: $ 31,546 - $ 44,164
How to apply: Employment application can be found on the link above or Applications are available at 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, SC 29461. Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and completed application and three personal references to: Chief Ehrichs B. Ollic, Town of Moncks Corner, 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, S.C. 29461.
The Town of Moncks Corner is an equal opportunity employer.
Position hours: Full time position. 24 hour shift work
- Fire and Rescue
- EMS response
- Routine station duties
- IFSAC Firefighter 2 or Pro Board equivalent,
- SC EMT,
- Valid SC driver’s license
- High School Diploma
Pay Information: $28,387 – $39,743
How to apply: Employment application can be found on the link above or Applications are available at 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Deadline: Position open until filled
- Please continue to check our website periodically for updates -