The Town of Moncks Corner's current available position(s):
Firefighter 2 / EMT
Fire Engineer/ EMT
Water and Wastewater Distribution Operator
The Town of Moncks Corner is accepting applications for the position of a full time Administrative Clerk in the Municipal Court Department. This position will provide administrative support duties in the Court Department to include data entry, working knowledge of general office equipment, ability to perform cashier duties, ability to effectively meet and deal with the general public. Minimum Requirements: HS diploma or equivalent supplemented by at least one (1) year of clerical and bookkeeping experience. Some municipal court experience preferred; or any combination of education, experience, special qualifications and training that provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work. Grade N-103, $27,410 - $42,486. Applications may be obtained at 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, SC or at www.monckscornersc.gov. Submit applications to Marilyn Baker at P.O. Box 700, Moncks Corner, SC 29461. Applications will be accepted until filled. EOE
Category: Police Department
Position hours: Full time position.
Under regular supervision, performs general uniform patrol, investigative, or other police duties as assigned and enforces all state laws and town ordinances. Required to work various shifts including weekends and holidays. Certified applicants must be certified by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy and are required to maintain training and certification requirements. Uncertified applicants with related experience may be considered.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent to satisfactory completion of one year of college education or specialized advanced training in criminal justice
- Must have completed the SC Criminal Justice Academy Training for a certified police officer or for an uncertified officer must complete the SC Criminal Justice Academy Training by the end of the assigned probationary period.
- Valid S.C. driver’s license in good standing, must pass all required tests and must be able to operate standard issue vehicles.
- Personal computer experience preferred.
- Completed degree (s) beneficial to position may be partially considered as work experience
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Must be able to maintain required level of proficiency in the use of firearms.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and polygraph examination.
Police Officer Uncertifed Grade: N-12
Salary Range: $ 29,966 – 41,953
Police Officer Certifed Grade: N-13
Salary Range: $ 31,546 - $ 44,164
How to apply: Employment application can be found on the link above or Applications are available at 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, SC 29461. Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and completed application and three personal references to: Chief Ehrichs B. Ollic, Town of Moncks Corner, 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, S.C. 29461.
The Town of Moncks Corner is an equal opportunity employer.
The Town of Moncks Corner Fire Department has openings for Firefighter 2/EMT positions. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Must possess a valid South Carolina driver's license. Must have IFSAC/ Pro Board Firefighter 2. Must possess NREMT certification and qualify for SC DHEC licensure. Must be able to pass Department physical examination and Firefighter Physical Ability Assessment. Must be able to wear and use PPE / SCBA. Full time position; 24 hour shift work. Job duties: Fire, Rescue & EMS response and routine station duties.
Pay range: $29,603 – $45,885.
How to apply: Employment application can be found on the link above or Applications are available at 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Deadline: Position open until filled
The Town of Moncks Corner Fire Department has openings for Fire Engineer/EMT positions. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of three years progressive experience in the Fire Service. Must possess a valid South Carolina Class E driver's license or be able to obtain endorsement within 6 months. Must have IFSAC / Pro Board Firefighter 2, EVDT, Pump Ops 1 & Basic Aerial Ops. Must possess NREMT certification and qualify for SC DHEC licensure. Must be able to pass Department physical examination and Firefighter Physical Ability Assessment. Must be able to wear and use PPE / SCBA. Full time position; 24 hour shift work. Job duties: Apparatus driver/operator for Fire, Rescue & EMS responses and routine station duties. Pay range: $34,529 – $53,520
- Be able to perform the operation and maintenance for a water and sewer system and operate various equipment, i.e., backhoes, tractors, sewer rodders.
- Make repairs to water and sewer lines and appurtenances, install water and sewer services, read water meters, replace and repair meters operate and maintain fire hydrants, including flushing hydrant semi-annually and assisting in fire flow testing
- Maintain and operate sewer pump stations
- Bushhog right-of-ways, cut grass and perform weed eating.
- Must be willing to be on-call for after hours or weekend work as scheduled. Must be able to work alone or in groups.
- All employees are expected to be cross-trained and full cooperation is expected in performing other duties not outlined..
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Must have or obtain a Class D Water Distribution License. Must have or obtain certification in "Trenching and Excavation", "Confined Space Entry", "Backflow Prevention" and "Asbestos".
- Skill and knowledge in the use of tools, materials and equipment commonly used in the performance of Job Function.
- A minimum of two years experience in water/wastewateroperations is preferred.
Salary based on experience and qualifications.
To Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Water/Wastewater Distribution Operator" in subject line. You may also mail your resume to Moncks Comer Water Works Attn: Administrator, PO Box 266, Moncks Comer, SC 29461.
Deadline: Until filled
The Moncks Corner Water Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
P.O. BOX 266, MONCKS CORNER, S.C. 29461 • PH: 843-7 l 9-7965 • FAX: 843-719-7979
- Please continue to check our website periodically for updates -