The Town of Moncks Corner's current available position(s):
Firefighter 2 / EMT
Fire Engineer/ EMT
Town of Moncks Corner Recreation Department
Coordinate and supervise day-to-day operations for all league sports, tournaments and special events. Bachelor’s degree in physical ed, education administration or sports management, or a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by 3 years of administrative experience, preferably in the Parks and Recreation, Physical Education or related field. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends. SC DL required. Salary: $31,971 – 49,556.
Category: Police Department
Position hours: Full time position.
Under regular supervision, performs general uniform patrol, investigative, or other police duties as assigned and enforces all state laws and town ordinances. Required to work various shifts including weekends and holidays. Certified applicants must be certified by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy and are required to maintain training and certification requirements. Uncertified applicants with related experience may be considered.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent to satisfactory completion of one year of college education or specialized advanced training in criminal justice
- Must have completed the SC Criminal Justice Academy Training for a certified police officer or for an uncertified officer must complete the SC Criminal Justice Academy Training by the end of the assigned probationary period.
- Valid S.C. driver’s license in good standing, must pass all required tests and must be able to operate standard issue vehicles.
- Personal computer experience preferred.
- Completed degree (s) beneficial to position may be partially considered as work experience
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Must be able to maintain required level of proficiency in the use of firearms.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and polygraph examination.
Police Officer Uncertifed Grade: N-12
Salary Range: $ 29,966 – 41,953
Police Officer Certifed Grade: N-13
Salary Range: $ 31,546 - $ 44,164
How to apply: Employment application can be found on the link above or Applications are available at 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, SC 29461. Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and completed application and three personal references to: Chief Ehrichs B. Ollic, Town of Moncks Corner, 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, S.C. 29461.
The Town of Moncks Corner is an equal opportunity employer.
The Town of Moncks Corner Fire Department has openings for Firefighter 2/EMT positions. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Must possess a valid South Carolina driver's license. Must have IFSAC/ Pro Board Firefighter 2. Must possess NREMT certification and qualify for SC DHEC licensure. Must be able to pass Department physical examination and Firefighter Physical Ability Assessment. Must be able to wear and use PPE / SCBA. Full time position; 24 hour shift work. Job duties: Fire, Rescue & EMS response and routine station duties.
Pay range: $29,603 – $45,885.
How to apply: Employment application can be found on the link above or Applications are available at 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Deadline: Position open until filled
The Town of Moncks Corner Fire Department has openings for Fire Engineer/EMT positions. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of three years progressive experience in the Fire Service. Must possess a valid South Carolina Class E driver's license or be able to obtain endorsement within 6 months. Must have IFSAC / Pro Board Firefighter 2, EVDT, Pump Ops 1 & Basic Aerial Ops. Must possess NREMT certification and qualify for SC DHEC licensure. Must be able to pass Department physical examination and Firefighter Physical Ability Assessment. Must be able to wear and use PPE / SCBA. Full time position; 24 hour shift work. Job duties: Apparatus driver/operator for Fire, Rescue & EMS responses and routine station duties. Pay range: $34,529 – $53,520
P.O. BOX 266, MONCKS CORNER, S.C. 29461 • PH: 843-7 l 9-7965 • FAX: 843-719-7979
- Please continue to check our website periodically for updates -