Purpose of Code Enforcement
The purpose of Code Enforcement is to investigate code enforcement complaints and ensure code compliance as directed by the International Property Maintenance Code, and ordinances adopted by the Town of Moncks Corner. To increase the health and safety of the residents and to beautify the Town.
The following is a list of common violations but is not all inclusive:
- The growth of grass, weeds, or undergrowth other than trees, bushes, cultivated garden, flowers, or other ornamental plants above the height of 12 inches.
- Dilapidated or unsecured structures
- Lumber or other wood materials, building materials, glass, trash, garbage, litter, rubbish or debris.
- Abandoned, discarded or unused objects or equipment such as automobiles, automobile parts, other vehicles and vehicle parts, machinery, implements and/or equipment, appliances, furniture, stoves, refrigerators, freezers, cans, containers and/or any other personal property which is no longer safely usable for the purpose for which it was manufactured. Such objects or equipment located within a secured structure, walled on all sides, shall not be considered a nuisance.
- Accumulation of tree trimmings, yard clippings, stagnant water or other matter deleterious to good health and public sanitation. Deleterious matter shall specifically include any septic material but shall not be limited thereto.
- Rodents, pests, and other vermin.