COVID-19 Inspection Procedures
Due to the COVID-19 virus, the Town is taking precautions regarding inspection and permitting procedures with the Town until further notice.
1. While Town Hall plans to remain open through this, please try to limit physical visits. Permit applications and plans should be submitted electronically via CommunityCore or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Permit payments should be made electronically with a credit card authorization.
3. New construction inspections will be conducted between 7:00 am and 10 am Monday - Friday. No one is to be on site prior to or during the inspection to minimize contact with inspection staff.
4. If inspection is at an occupied structure, staff will ask if anyone in the building is exhibiting flu-like symptoms or if they have traveled to a known infected area in the past 14 days, among other questions. If yes, the inspection will be postponed for 14 days to minimize chance of infection for Town staff.
For a complete list of inspection procedures during this time, please click here.
As of Tuesday, March 24, 2020 the office will be closed to the public and staff will be working remotely. Due to staff working remotely the following additions will be made to the policy sent on Monday, March 16, 2020 by Bobbi:
- Planning & Zoning forms - https://www.monckscornersc.gov/forms
- Building forms - https://www.monckscornersc.gov/forms
- Stormwater forms - https://www.monckscornersc.gov/forms & https://www.monckscornersc.gov/stormwater-management
- Previous COVID-19 policy still in effect for inspections.
- Scheduling by 4:00 PM the day prior is still required.
- All inspections scheduled through Community Core or via email at TOMCInspections@MoncksCornerSC.gov.
- Plan Review:
- All plan submittals to be submitted electronic through one of the following methods:
- Via email at email@example.com
- Design professional corporate FTP site with invite sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dropbox plans and documents with invite sent to email@example.com.
- Plan and document submittals should be in PDF format
- Submitted PDF documents shall allow editing. Reviewers need the ability to redline corrections and stamp plans for approval.
- If someone is unable to submit plans electronically the following applies
- A USB drive may be dropped off at drive up window for the water department.
- Label envelope - Attn: Building & Codes Enforcement
- Submittals that are unable to be submitted electronically will be taken by appointment only.
- Contact Chief Building Official to schedule.
- The Chief Building Official will determine what reviews will need completed and forward to proper staff for review.
- 14 day review time still applies
- Certificate of Occupancy/Completion:
- Due to working remote please allow the time frames allotted by policy for COs.
- Submitted documents may take up to 14 days for review.
- Processing of COs may take up to 3 days after review of documents.
- For staff questions pertaining to inspections, building, permits, stormwater management, fire marshal, floodplain management, code enforcement or plan review contact Chief Building Official Chad Kelly at 843-499-0161 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- For staff questions pertaining to planning and zoning contact Community Development Director Doug Polen at 843-637-0762 or email@example.com .
- Questions for Bobbi, Tim or John will be forwarded to them as needed by Chad or Doug.
The primary mission of the Building Department and Fire Marshal’s Office is to provide quality service to the community that is knowledgeable, efficient, comprehensive and helpful to the public. The intention is to safeguard life, health, property and public welfare by regulating and controlling the construction, quality of materials, use of all buildings and structures within the Town of Moncks Corner. The department is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the adopted codes and related Federal, State, and Town adopted laws and ordinances.
- Enforcement of adopted codes and ordinances
- Plan Review
- Floodplain Management
- Stormwater Management - Design & Compliance
- Building Inspections
- Fire and Life Safety Inspections
- Property Maintenance / Codes Enforcement Inspections
- Business License Inspections and Enforcement
- Fire Investigations
- Tree Protection
- Education Programs
Standard Operating Guidelines